Friday, February 22, 2008

Return of the Hat - well, sorta

I have to applaud Bravo for luring me in with their evil programming tactics. I hate that they sneak in a reunion show the week BEFORE the finale! It drives me absolutely nuts. I mean, first off, reunion shows are usually lame. And everything has usually already been decided and done, so they're super anti-climactic, so I don't usually make it a point to watch them.

But now that I'm all juiced up for the big finale of Project Runway, OF COURSE I'm going to freaking watch their lame reunion show!
Unsurprisingly, it provided little to no new insight into the show. Yes, some of the behind the scenes/outtakes stuff was funny: I liked that Michael Kors couldn't stop laughing at the WWE Divas, although it does make me wonder if any of them were waiting by his car to pummel him afterwards. I also enjoyed the contestants' impersonations of Heidi.

But overall, the whole show was edited in such a strange manner! Like, when Carmen got all upset at being singled out for her crappy menswear outfit and was like, "Thanks, Heidi!" I kinda wished that they would've shown if Heidi or anyone else responded, or at least rolled their eyes, because come on, it really was crap.


And what would the reunion show have been without a montage of Ricky crying? I only wonder why they didn't ask him more about the ugly hats. Because seriously, I really want to know, what is the deal? I mean, Christian's hair is crazy, but I can kinda dig it in a way. It's like his quirky thing. And it doesn't really look bad, just different. The hats though....bleh.

I will also say that at least they had Heidi and Tim hosting instead of that lame tool that hosts the other Bravo reunion shows. I don't know his name, but if you know who I'm talking about, then you'll also know that he sucks.


So going into next week's finale, I think the front-runners are Christian and Rami. A minor spoiler here, but Entertainment Weekly published some pictures from their Fashion Week shows (and I'm sure there's pics all over the internet too) and I'd say those looked like the two strongest collections.

It made me sad to see that they made poor Sweet P do one too, ostensibly to avoid spoiling who the top 3 or 4 finalists were at the time. Her collection actually wasn't bad, but it seems like it'd be really sucky to have to do all that work while knowing that you have no shot at winning. At least she got to show in Bryant Park though. I guess that's something.

1 comment:

Dawn Endres said...

hehe! Your funny...I love this show! I watch when I remember it's on.