Thursday, May 29, 2008

Really?

I'm scary, bald, and ripped!Do we really need yet another dance show? Particularly one that's hosted by yet another former Dancing with the Stars contestant? When they put out the call for hosts, is "must have competed on a dance show but otherwise have no dancing expertise" a requirement?

I saw a commercial the other night for a new show coming on TLC called "Master of Dance" where basically, they have people come on and do the routines from various famous songs/videos. It actually looks like it could be entertaining, but man, I'm just burned out on dancing shows. Between DwtS, America's Best Dance Crew, Step It Up and Dance (which I totally abandoned in its lame-osity and only watch on repeats at like 2am when nothing else is on), and now the return of So You Think You Can Dance, I just don't have room in my brain for another show.


Speaking of SYTYCD, I have to admit, I'm not as juiced up about this season as I have been in the past. Normally, my sister-in-law and I furiously exchange texts during the shows and pick our favorites, but this year we both sort of didn't realize it was on. Maybe it's just the auditions, which have become kind of predictible and repetitive, if not downright lame. Yes, we know, you're some whack-job wearing a silly outfit who thinks that you're a stud...next! OK, another badass popper who won't be able to make it through choreography...next! It's all getting kind of old. I'm hoping that the Vegas round is more entertaining.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to start watching SYTYCD once they get to Vegas. I watched ALL of the auditions last year, and it was a giant waste of time. What irritates me the most is that a huge amount of time is spent on the people who absolutely suck. I distinctly remember last year, there was a montage of all the talented people, and at one point Nigel even said, "You're the best female dancer we've seen yet" BUT WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE HER DANCE AT ALL. There was just a shot of her, smiling graciously.
This comment is getting kind of out of control in the length department, but I am excited to start watching the show again. However, I am not excited about the very shrill Mary Murphy.

Brj said...

Wow. When you google-image-search, "Bald Joey Lawrence" this photo comes up.

I'm terrified...